04 February 2010

Read. This.

One of the (many) reasons I supported Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton in the primary in '08 was because his stated positions on civil liberties issues were quite a bit closer to mine than Hillary's. He was much more anti-torture, much fiercer about closing Gitmo, etc. I really hoped he would follow through.

Glenn Greenwald has an article up saying that, under Obama, the US has put US citizens on a short list of people to be killed by JSOC, and the implications of this. He runs through all the logical extensions of this, and why it's a bad idea, so much better than I can. Right now, my blood is boiling (as it has been on such issues ever since I first read that the US was torturing people). This is insanity.

Go read the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment