30 March 2010

North Korean public sentiment

It would be really easy to make too much of this Washington post report about public sentiment in North Korea. The biggest caveat is that it is based on surveys of defectors, not the people who are still living in North Korea. While defectors may be drawn from all strata of North Korean society, by definition it does not include those people who are most attached to the regime.

However, it is striking that even among defectors, the position of the Kim regime is slipping. I don't have time to read the East-West Center report right now, but I plan to do so soon and blog about its contents. I think the ground is finally slipping from beneath the Kim regime. I'm terrified about the results, to be honest, but I'm hoping for positive change. And less starvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment