15 January 2010

How's that anti-Avatar campaign going?


I was vaguely aware that there was a rightwing push against James Cameron's Avatar for its leftish political viewpoint, but this article describes it in more detail. It seems like pretty much every time the far right really gets its knickers in a twist over some movie it turns out to be an overwhelming success. Not so much with the movies that the right embraces.

For what it's worth, I haven't even seen Avatar yet, and I can't really get that excited about it. I would, I think, enjoy seeing it in IMAX, but we don't have one of those theaters here. I did watch Up in the Air and The Road recently. I would recommend the former, but not the latter. The Road was very well made and well acted, but I just can't bring myself to recommend it to anyone because of how soul-crushingly depressing it is. For some reason, I found it to be even more bleak than the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment